Monday, September 29, 2008

Walking off the pounds!

Things within the past week have been going pretty good for me. I've been feeling better, haven't had as many attacks as usual and I'm starting to exercise. I've heard from a lot of people, even my doctor that exercise helps anxiety. It will also help my depression too since my weight makes me depressed. I've been "walking at home", it's great. For those of you who have no clue what I'm talking about here's a link that explains about the videos. http://www.lesliesansone.com/walk/ The DVD is very easy, simple and straight forward. It gets me moving, feeling better and makes me feel less sluggish. So far I've done it four times, each time it gets a bit harder for me, but I'm determined. I would honestly recommend this video work out to anyone! It's easy and you feel so good afterwards. I may be sore right now, but at least I know it's working. I can't wait when I actually start loosing the weight, I will be so proud of myself. After the birth of my son I gained 40 pounds on top of being overweight... It made me feel so ugly and depressed. So I hope I can stick with this video and start shedding some pounds. Once my body gets use to the work out, I'll change my eating habits. My eating habits aren't horrible... but I love carbs... I can't help it haha! So wish me luck everyone on my weight loss journey, I'll be needing it!

6 comments:

JC said...

Congratulations on your pursuit of exercise! Your walking regime will get you really far. Walking is actually quite effective for maintaining weight, or losing weight (weight loss comes easy if with walking if you have the weight to lose). Anyway, I haven't had to lose pregnancy weight, but i've gained and lost 30bs in the last 8 years, so I did learn a thing or two! lol. At the moment, i'm just getting back into my cardio classes and the odd walk. Good luck to you!!!!

Pink Floyd said...

Exercise can be great! It is a great way to channel your energy and anxiety. Walking is great, just moving your body helps!

Immi said...

I should try the walk at home thing. I gained weight from Zyprexa back when, half of which just vanished when I stopped it, but the other half I"m still stuck with. You're doing better than I to be able to actually get doing it though. LOL

Polar Bear said...

Glad the video is helping.

I find exercise good too. I'm lucky because I love running. The endorphins I get from running is incredible. sometimes it's very hard to get out the door an dput my running shoes on, but when I get going, it feels great.

I love carbs too! I really need to cut down my carbs consumption. I tend to have these weird cravings for them

JC said...

I just wanted to thank you for all the nice compliments you leave on my blog. You always make me smile, and the fact that you are "hopeful happiness" basically is the motto of my life so yeah, I think we could be great friends! And I like getting your comments just as much as you like getting mine. I hope you're having a great day. Put a big cheesy grin on your face for me today ok? :) I'm serious! I have a goofy side! lol

Hopeful Happiness said...

Awwww I feel so loved everyone :) thanks for all the support and comments. It makes me feel so good to come online and read your guy's comments. I haven't been doing the best at exercising lately... but I'm going to get back with it!!! I get lazy so fast haha!