Monday, October 27, 2008

It's been awhile...

Lately I haven’t felt like doing anything… that’s why I haven’t written on here in weeks. All I want to do is sleep, I know it’s not healthy at all. I’m forcing myself to get up and do small things everyday. Sometimes it feels as if I’m just here … not living. I see so many people living and having fun, and I want to be doing the same. My anxiety is trapping me in my own body, I want it to stop. I actually went out with a few friends the other night and had a good time. I had several small attacks, but nothing major. I need to realise that the anxiety is in my head and I’m not going to die. I’ve been working in an anxiety and depression workbook that I have mentioned in another blog. It seems to be working at the moment, it’s making me realise even more that I’m not alone.

On a lighter note, one of my favorite days is soon approaching… HALLOWEEN! I didn’t want to go out because of my illness, but I feel I need to. I’m going to be hanging out with friends and a few family members. I’m not sure if I’ll be okay … but I need to try and have fun. I can always go home if things get bad. I’m not sure if I’m going to drink, I’m not sure if I can handle it.

I hope everyone has a great Halloween, along with myself! I'm going to be dressing up as a vampire hehe! Is anyone else going out? What about dressing up?

3 comments:

Tamara (TC) Staples said...

So sorry that you are struggling right now. I hope that getting out on Halloween perks you up a bit and that you have a great time. I don't really get into Halloween so hubby and I usually plug in a movie and crawl in bed with the dogs. We turn all our lights out because trick or treaters send my dogs into a tizzy.

Sending you many hugs,
Tamara

Immi said...

Sounds rather like a serious depression to me, but hey, I'm not a doctor. I can tell you for sure that I know that feeling sucks bigtime. I hope you feel more alive soon and also have a great Halloween, HH :)

Nathan Hawks said...

I went as a wino/hobo ... ripped up a suit coat that was too big on me, found a pair of warm khakis with frayed leg cuffs, badly damaged fingerless gloves, and wore a winter cap cockeyed.

I hope you had a good time. I, too, had to force myself to have an up-time on Halloween. It worked this time.

How did it go for you?